Monday, April 30, 2007
Thunderstorm
Tonight we experienced the first thunderstorm of the year causing Maya to run through the house scared while screaming like a lunatic. She asked if she could sleep with us tonight and I said yes, contingent upon her folding the laundry on our bed. Feeling pretty clever after having negotiated such a deal I figured Zaheeda would be pretty impressed. When I told her of the arrangement all she did was roll her eyes and say, "have you seen the way she folds clothes?" I went back to the bedroom and it was apparent that the folded clothes were indistinguishable from the unfolded laundry. So I said, "just put the clothes on the dresser and get to sleep." Call me cynical but I find it amazing how she seems to have "selective development" - she can play soccer, the violin and swim but for some strange reason can't seem to master the craft of folding a t-shirt. Hmmmm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
At the risk of sounding sexist, the "do a crummy job so I won't be asked to do it again" routine is usually the domain of husbands!
I'm sure embittered wives everywhere appreciate you speaking the truth...
Post a Comment