Friday, April 27, 2007

Wizard of Oz

Per her violin teacher's request, Maya checked out a copy of The Wizard of Oz from the library this afternoon. Her assignment is to see if she can find where they perform "Happy Farmer" in the film. I told Maya that when I was little that movie scared me so much and that when I went to bed I was afraid flying monkeys were going to come in through the window. To allay my fears her grandma put my baseball bat by the bed and said if the monkeys try coming in the window I can hit them with the bat. Maya said she probably should have given me a gun or knife or something, which upon reflection makes a lot of sense, after all, fighting off a flock of flying monkeys with a bat would be a tall order for anyone much less a little kid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Chuckle, chuckle" from Grandpa.

Steven, you seem to have forgotten that you were a good little baseball player, and you could have whacked those monkeys all the way to Ingram. Once in Ingram, those flying monkeys would have ..... finish the story on you own.

Anonymous said...

By the way, where is the Happy Farmer played? I'd watch the movie, but I'm afraid of the tornado and the flying monkeys and the witch.

Anonymous said...

I don't know where it's played, Maya watched it the other day but she didn't say.

Anonymous said...

It's played at the beginning when it is still black and white.