Common sense trumps cuteness. We've decided not to get a puppy...unless one wanders into the yard and hangs around for a few weeks looking pathetic. That's how we get our pets.
Hold on, Grandpa may have had a change of heart. I have wrestled with this situation all last night and again today--taking in all the various responsibilities as well as logistic ramifications such an endeavor might incur. One item that jumps to my mind is that Steven and I will get a chance to hunt behind a WELL-TRAINED dog again so that we can enjoy the wonderful experiences we had with Rebel and Yankee. Another is having the opportunity/summer to train the dog. And of course, there's one more chance of turning a gnawing pup into a soft-mouthed retriever willing to flush and deliver a bird to hand. If, we do indeed, go down the path of dog ownership, I hope no one tries to dognap our pet.(The last guy who tied it (with Yankee), shot himself. Like Steven said, "He must have been overcome with the hurt he had done." At this point the jury is still out. I need to get back to Nate and see what all this entails. By the way, the Lab in question is a cinnamon colored dog. Haven't chosen the gender yet. Nate has the pick of the litter. My/his choice. More tomorrow. HIS/HER name will be Brandy. (Ooops, I just read this to grandma, and we are already arguing about a name. "Brandy is on the rocks for now.)
3 comments:
Common sense trumps cuteness. We've decided not to get a puppy...unless one wanders into the yard and hangs around for a few weeks looking pathetic. That's how we get our pets.
yeah with your hectic lifestyle where would you find the time?
Hold on,
Grandpa may have had a change of heart. I have wrestled with this situation all last night and again today--taking in all the various responsibilities as well as logistic ramifications such an endeavor might incur. One item that jumps to my mind is that Steven and I will get a chance to hunt behind a WELL-TRAINED dog again so that we can enjoy the wonderful experiences we had with Rebel and Yankee. Another is having the opportunity/summer to train the dog. And of course, there's one more chance of turning a gnawing pup into a soft-mouthed retriever willing to flush and deliver a bird to hand. If, we do indeed, go down the path of dog ownership, I hope no one tries to dognap our pet.(The last guy who tied it (with Yankee), shot himself. Like Steven said, "He must have been overcome with the hurt he had done."
At this point the jury is still out. I need to get back to Nate and see what all this entails. By the way, the Lab in question is a cinnamon colored dog. Haven't chosen the gender yet. Nate has the pick of the litter. My/his choice.
More tomorrow. HIS/HER name will be Brandy. (Ooops, I just read this to grandma, and we are already arguing about a name. "Brandy is on the rocks for now.)
Grandpa
Post a Comment