Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chemistry

Here are a couple pictures from the chemistry lab on Saturday. In these pictures Maya is making hamster toothpaste. Why it's considered hamster toothpaste and not say dog toothpaste I don't know (after all I'm not a scientist), but Maya had a fun time nonetheless.


and the hamster toothpaste grows!!!!

Maya seems to bring a level of enjoyment to her experiments that are clearly noticeable in her facial expressions. When compared to another famous scientist, Marie Curie (pictured below), I can't help but think that maybe science isn't all fun and bubbly stuff and there is a level of drudgery and misery not mentioned at these science labs. But then Marie Curie, as a result of exposing herself to excessive radiation died an excruciatingly awful death. Maya, as a result of making her hamster toothpaste was only left with green fingers. I guess when it comes to science you have to learn to take the good with the bad.

No comments: