Monday, July 28, 2008

Uncle Sven's Comics

This summer in an effort to elevate some of the drudgery of watching over a three month old, Maya and I have been taking mid afternoon trips to Uncle Sven's, the local comic book store on Saint Clair, to break up the afternoon. Maya has been getting quite a few comics as of late - I've noticed since I'm the one who has had to pay for them. So as is sometimes my nature, I had to ask myself, "What exactly am I getting out of this deal?" We came up with the idea that from now on Maya will perform some kind of tasks (primarily based around making my life easier in some way) and after completion of said tasks will then be rewarded with comics from Uncle Sven's. Now all we have to do is come up with tasks. Any ideas?

I know Grandma is going to suggest keeping her room clean but there are some things in life that cold hard experience has taught us will never be - getting troops out of Iraq, replacing the internal combustion engine, and keeping Maya's room clean - all noble hopes, yet reality will not yield.

No comments: