Maya made it through her first day and other than being a little tired, she's okay. Her teacher this year is Mrs. Meuwissen and I noticed in her bio that she has the kids read Where the Red Fern Grows. Who does she sound like?
Maya, Grandpa had his students read Red Fern too. Every sixth grader in Ladysmith for 35 years got to enjoy the book. Grandma and I visited the area in Oklahoma where the story took place. We went to a museum in Tahlequah that had a bunch of info about the book, the movie and the author, Wilson Rawls. Rawls actually retired just south of Ladysmith and also passed away at the hospital there. I have a new hard covered copy of the book that I've been saving for you. I know you'll enjoy it. GP
2 comments:
Maya,
Grandpa had his students read Red Fern too. Every sixth grader in Ladysmith for 35 years got to enjoy the book. Grandma and I visited the area in Oklahoma where the story took place. We went to a museum in Tahlequah that had a bunch of info about the book, the movie and the author, Wilson Rawls. Rawls actually retired just south of Ladysmith and also passed away at the hospital there. I have a new hard covered copy of the book that I've been saving for you. I know you'll enjoy it.
GP
Oh,by the way, Wilson's first name isn't Wilson. That's his middle name. His first name is Woodrow. Woodrow Wilson Rawls.
GP
Post a Comment