Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MCR

Here Maya is sporting her new MCR t-shirt (that's My Chemical Romance for those of you not in the know). The other day she asked if she could go see them play at First Avenue so I had to think of how I could let her know that I didn't want her, an eleven-year-old girl, going to see a band play at First Ave. So I thought long and hard then carefully explained to her by saying, "Ummmmmm..... NO - there is no way on earth you are going to see a band play at First Avenue."

Then she added up her babysitting money and said, I think I have enough for a ticket!"

"How can I explain this," I said to her. "Ummmmmm..... NO - there is no way on earth you are going to see a band play at First Avenue."

Parenting is all about effective communication.

No comments: