Well, I was importing the pictures from the camera today and was left kind of scratching my head over what I found - for some reason he seems to have captured a series of pictures of a middle-aged bald man on a swing?
Now I don’t know why this is… I figured it was implied that by giving him the camera it would be used in taking pictures of his granddaughter - in fact, I cant imagine why anyone would really want pictures of a bald guy on a swing… Then I thought, well… maybe I’m looking at this the wrong way. Maybe he wasn’t taking pictures of this specific bald guy on a swing… Maybe he was capturing images of a general bald guy on a swing… Sort of a metaphorical bald guy on a swing – as if to say there is a little bald-headed man on a swing inside each of us…
Though the more I reflect, I think the more sensible explanation is that grandpa is getting on in years now and probably just shouldn’t be put in charge of the camera anymore.
3 comments:
If you're into analyzing these photos, how about the whimsical little girl staring out into space, not in the center of picture. What's the meaning of it all? Can crass consumerism buy happiness? Isn't a family outing to the Swedish Institute much more fulfilling? What does that bald guy really represent?
I have no clue, but he sure can spoil a nice photo of the granddaughter.
In my opinion: Bald guy on a swing=pedophile. If I were to produce and after school special it would be all about teaching kids to not take candy from strangers and don't go on the swings with bald middle aged men.
The scary thing is, that as I read mom's comments, I would have answered them the same as you.
On the other hand, next time YOU try to capture a flying nymph on a swing with a pervert nearby!
Dad
Post a Comment