Friday, December 28, 2007

Homemaker of Tomorrow

Maya is learning about her White Grandma’s decorated past. Having grown up in the home of the former Betty Crocker Homemaker of Tomorrow I can only say that Homemaker of Tomorrow must mean feeding your children frozen pot pies, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and the occasional t.v. dinner on “special occasions.” Maybe it is this kind of upbringing that is responsible for my (unlike my mother) never having passed an “attitude test.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No one was more surprised at getting the "Homemaker Award" than me unless it was my freshman year home ec teacher who threatened to kick me out of class and send me to art class if I didn't behave. Having even less talent in art than I did in home ec, (plus all my friends were in home ec),I shaped up and ..... the rest is history!