This afternoon we were at Sam’s doing shopping for the Christmas get together and Maya was - how can I say? ---- being difficult. She kept insisting on pushing the cart even though I kept repeatedly trying to do so myself. So after about ten minutes and lots of party supplies the cart started getting very heavy at which point pushing the cart was no longer fun but rather a difficult proposition. It was at this point I refused to push the cart and made her do so all by herself.

Now being a parent in the modern age I’m not a big believer in hitting children, even when they deserve it; however, I’m not above torturing them with the law of physics. Newtons First Law of Motion states that an object at rest will stay at rest unless acted upon by an external force and an object in motion will continue in motion until acted upon by an external force. How this relates to heavy shopping carts is, it’s tough to get ‘em going and it’s tough to get ‘em to stop. So I made a point of stopping and looking at every item in every aisle because --- well, little punk kids bug me.
No comments:
Post a Comment