Monday, February 02, 2009
Maya's Mess
As an exercise of my new found leverage over Maya (that being that I can get her to do anything I want as long as I take her to see Coraline next weekend), I decided to insist her bedroom be kept clean for an entire week and if I go into her room and find it messed up during this time then the deal is off and there will be no movie. Unfortunately, like many great ideas the law of unintended consequences reared its head and my 'keeping your room clean plan' was no exception. The positive result of the deal was seen almost immediately she went into her room cleaned it up - even went so far as to make a check list on her white board so I can check off the days of inspection to certify that it was in fact clean. The problem arose a couple days later when I realized she was keeping her room clean by not going in it and instead moved her projects, activities and predominantly messy nature into our room - within a matter of days our room was a disaster area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment