Monday, April 13, 2009

Ritz Crackers

Yesterday I was hanging out in Maya's room and I noticed she had some Ritz crackers on her night stand. She asked me if I knew why she kept the crackers in her room, and of course I had not given it a second thought being that she leaves food along with everything else imagineable all over the house - some Ritz crackers on the nightstand didn't seem the least bit out of the ordinary. She informed me that there were two reasons she keeps Ritz crackers in her room.

"For one reason" she said, "sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm a little hungry so I have something nearby to eat, and the other reason is when you send me to my room for misbehaving I know that I don't have to go hungry, I can snack on the crackers."

I told that sounded like some pretty good foresight on her part but asked why she just doesn't simply do what she's supposed to so that she doesn't have to worry about being sent to her room hungry - apparently this possibility never occurred to her. Seems she's resigned to the idea that being regularly sent to her room for the night is all part of the cost of doing business these days.

No comments: