Friday, February 04, 2011

Stretching the truth

The other day Maya asked me if she could go over to her friend Hayley's on Friday and work on a "project." Friday (today) they have early release from school and I was a little suspicious this so called "project" just happened to coincide with them having 1/2 the day off from school. So I said, "Oh really... Tell me more about this alleged project - and why it can't be done in school." She got defensive and started shouting, indicating to me that I had pretty much snuffed out her little lie. Now it turns out she does have a project but its not as pressing as she made it out to be. I let her go over to Hayley's even though I know she's probably not going to work on any project and they will spend most of the day hanging out at Caribou Coffee on Grand Ave. drinking over priced caramel coffee concoctions while chatting about their pressing concerns, but I wanted to let her know that I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. As smart as she thinks she is - fact is she's only lying at a 6th grade level.

1 comment:

Emma/Maddie said...

HI MAYA it's emma and maddie nice "lie"