Thursday, November 29, 2007
The Zaheeda Issue
Though this site is supposed to be for updating friends, family and well wishers on the comings and goings of Maya, I can’t help but take an opportunity to use this forum for the general airing of grievances about Zaheeda. I understand she is pregnant, and that being pregnant brings a certain level of fatigue and discomfort. But it is my opinion she is using this condition to exhort extraordinary concessions, favors and assistance from her immediate family members - more specifically, me. When she was pregnant with Maya she worked eight hours days, standing on her feet at TJ Maxx dealing with obnoxious customers all day, and I don’t remember her being that worn out when she got home. Now it seems after 5:30 PM she’s done for the day and all remaining obligations and commitments fall directly to me. What am I do or say? To say anything would leave me looking like a self-centered jerk. Well, I am not going to bite my tongue any longer. I’m not going to sit back and quietly submit to this familial slavery. It is not a question of do I, or do I not want to do certain tasks... No no - this is about right and wrong. This is about justice. I stand before the world and say, “I am being taken advantage of by a pregnant lady!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment