One of the daycare moms gave Maya a Barnes and Noble gift certificate for Christmas so we decided we’d walk there tonight and see if we could find anything good. After walking a couple blocks a city bus pulled up to the curb and the driver asked us if we wanted a free ride. Well that seemed like an offer we couldn’t pass up. This was the first time Maya has ridden the bus and really got a kick out of it, the bus driver even told her how to pull the cord to let him know when to stop.

When we got to the bookstore Maya decided (with a little guidance from her father) on buying Neil Gaiman’s book
M Is for Magic. Neil Gaiman is a famous science fiction, fantasy, and childrens author originally from England who now lives in Minnesota - in fact he keeps a very interesting blog at
neilgaiman.com
After getting the book we walked home, or rather I walked home and Maya ran all over making snowballs, throwing snowballs, etc.
Other pics from the walk can be found
here.
1 comment:
Oh you city people have all the fun. In all my years of walking the country roads, never once has a bus ever stopped to ask me if I wanted a ride. The best I can hope for is that the gravel and logging trucks slow down so I don't get choked by the dust.
Post a Comment